Monday, April 27, 2009

You never get used to deputys being killed

Over the weekend down in Okaloosa County, Fl Sheriffs deputies Burt Lopez and Warren York were murdered during a domestic dispute involving a husband and wife. You never get used to hereing stories like that and its even more difficult when you know someone involved as I do with the late Deputy Lopez. I got to know him a little over the years through a family thats near and dear to my heart. Their pretty shattered over this news as you might expect. Burt was a good christian man who left a huge impression on the Okaloosa County area. I remember meeting him for the first time at a family dinner. I didnt know him from the average joe on the street but he walked over and acted like we had known each other our whole lives. Its strange how the good ones get called home at an early age while the bad apples live on to be old men. But it is what it is I guess......

No comments: