Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Only in my dream world

I noticed today that west Tennessee state senator Roy Herron(D) is running for Governor. He joins Lt Governor Ron Ramsey(R) as the second Tennessee state senator to run for Governor next year. Here's the problem that I have with these two. Both of them are in the first year of new four year terms in the Tennessee State Senate. So they legally don't have to give up their cushy senate jobs while their running for Governor the next year and a half. If they wanted to do something out of the box in politics(aka do the right thing)they would both resign from the state senate immediately. That would show the people of Tennessee just how serious they are about being Governor in that their both voluntarily giving up their current political careers. Now I know that won't happen. Ill never forget suggesting to a state rep in Mississippi that they resign from the State House to run in a special election for a state senate seat. He looked at me with a shocked look on his face and said son it must be nice living in that dream world of yours. I sarcastically told him it is nice because people do the right thing in my dream world....

No comments: