Friday, February 20, 2009

Hillbilly Democrats on trial

The jury has the case in the criminal retrial of Jackson, Ms Mayor Frank Melton. The judge dismissed the jury until Monday this afternoon because a juror had an important meeting to attend. Over in Decatur, Al. the jury should get the case of State Rep Sue Schmitz Monday afternoon. Mrs. Schmitz first trial ended in a hung jury last fall because of a lone juror who didnt believe she did anything illegal. She took the stand in this trial though and I don't believe it went well from all that Ive heard. If I was a betting man I would say Melton gets acquitted. He's on trial because he broke in the door to a crack house and I doubt a jury is going to convict him of felonies for that. I think though Schmitz will go down this time around. The first jury voted 11 to 1 to convict and like I said earlier she took the stand this time around for some odd reason and that hardly ever works out well for the defendent. We'll find out how my predictions turn out early next week. The juries in these two cases won't stay out long no matter which way they go.

No comments: